How foreign workers in SG can celebrate CNY holidays
The Chinese New Year holidays are here! Here are some of the things you can do over the long break.
Singapore is not just a city. You will be surprised to know that there are many forests around. Surround yourself with nature by taking on a hike at MacRitchie Reservoir or Mount Faber. Fresh air and beautiful sights are waiting for you!
Directions to MacRitchie Reservoir:
1) Take the train to Marymount MRT Station. Take Exit A.
2) Take buses 165/52/855 to Opp MacRitchie Reservoir (Bus stop number 51079)
Directions to Mount Faber Peak
1) Take the train to Harbourfront MRT Station. Take Exit D
2) 2 mins short walk to the start of the hiking trail
2. Changi Jurassic Mile
Head over to the Changi Jurassic Mile! Spend an afternoon on bikes and enjoy the sound effects and sights on this 3.5KM long ride. You can then end off your perfect day at East Coast Park. Remember to take some pictures when you visit!
Photo by Changi Airport Group
Directions to Changi Jurassic Mile
1) Take the train to Changi Airport and head over to the Terminal 4 Bus stop
2) Follow the signs to Jurassic Mile
3. Catch a live performance at Esplanade
If you are free on the evenings, head over to the Esplanade to enjoy some free live performances. Be sure to also stop to enjoy the beautiful scenery there. Remember to check if there are any free shows before you go at this website.
Directions to Esplanade
1) Take the train to Esplanade MRT Station
2) Follow CityLink Mall’s Tunnel that will bring you to Esplanade
4. Visit Kampong Glam
This place is known for its beautiful mural paintings and artworks. It’s perfect for a nice outdoor photoshoot. Time to show off your photography skills and take some pictures with your friends!
Directions to Kampong Glam
1) Take the train to Bugis MRT Station
2) Kampong Glam is about 800m away and would take you 10 minutes to walk there.
5. Visit Jewel Changi
Jewel Changi has one of the largest indoor waterfalls and looks like an indoor garden. Take a seat there and enjoy the cool breeze, beautiful sights and sounds. It’s the perfect way to escape Singapore’s hot weather.
Directions to Jewel Changi
1) Take the train to Changi Airport Station
2) Take the link bridge at level 2 of Terminal 2 and 3
6. Visit Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
Located at Kranji, this place is filled with mangroves and many amazing animals. If you have a sharp eye, you might even get to see some crabs and mudskippers. Sometimes, crocodiles might appear near the mangroves. If you see one, walk away calmly and call +65 6794 1401 (from 8.30am – 5.30pm) or 1800-4717-300 (after hours). Other than that, enjoy the sights and sounds this beautiful place offers.
Directions to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
1) Take bus 925 from Kranji MRT station
2) Alight at Kranji Reservoir Carpark B
7. Chill at the beach!
Why not spend a chill afternoon at Sentosa’s beaches. Choose of one the beaches: Tanjong Beach, Palawan Beach and Siloso Beach. While it may not look like those seaside resorts in postcards, it still feels nice to watch some waves and watch sunsets.
Be sure to make a booking here before you go! https://www.sentosa.com.sg/en/things-to-do/attractions/tanjong-beach/
Directions to Tanjong Beach
1) Take Bus 123 and alight at Beach Station
2) Take the Beach Shuttle and alight at your chosen beach
Singapore may be small but it still has to do and see. Enjoy your holidays!