Top Fun and Free things to do on a Weekend !
After a whole week of hard work, weekends are meant for relaxing and recharging. Here are some of the fun things to do on this little red dot this weekend!
1. Enjoy a Hike
Does this bridge look familiar? Visit Henderson Waves while taking a hike with your friends this coming weekend. This route links other parks like Telok Blangah Hill Park, Hort Park and many other natural reserves. This is a perfect weekend activity for those who love nature.
Henderson Rd, Singapore 159557.
1) Take a train to Telok Blangah MRT Station located on the yellow line
2) Take buses 124, 131, 145, 176 or 273 and get off at the bus stop called “Bef Telok Blangah Hts” (Bus stop number: B14059).
2. Visit the Singapore National Library
This public library located in Bugis is perfect for your weekends if you would like to include a bit of learning on your relaxing day. Find a little corner here and enjoy the cool air while flipping through a book.
100 Victoria St, Singapore 188064.
1) Take a train to Bugis MRT Station located on the green and blue line and take exit C
2) Walk for about 6 mins to get to the National library
3. Go to the beach
Spending your lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon at the beach might just be what you need this weekend. Head over to Siloso Beach at Sentosa for a relaxing afternoon by the cool waters. It’s free, fun and does not need much planning!
50 Siloso Beach Walk, Siloso Beach, Sentosa
1) Take the train to Harbourfront Station located on the purple line
2) Walk to Sentosa Boardwalk to go to different beaches
4. Enjoy a stunning view of Singapore at night
Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade has one of the best night views in Singapore. You also get to see a beautiful light show from Marina Bay Sands at 8pm and 9.30pm every day. This is perfect for your Saturday evening or a romantic date.
1) Take a train to Raffles Place MRT Station and leave from Exit B
5. Visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens
This 150 year old garden is one of the must visit spots in Singapore. Take a relaxing walk through the small paths and soak in the fresh air. It’s also easy to access since its located near not one, but two MRT lines.
Address: 1 Cluny Rd, Singapore 259569. Singapore Botanic Gardens
1) Take the train to Botanic Gardens MRT Station and leave from Exit A
6. Organize a picnic
Marina Barrage is the perfect place for you to fly kites and enjoy food. Head down on a Saturday or Sunday evening to enjoy beautiful sunsets and a stunning night skyline. We guarantee that you will feel recharged after this.
Address: 8 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018951.
1) Take the green line to Tanjong Pagar MRT Exit C and head to the bus stop at International Plaza (Bus Stop number: 03223)
2) Board bus 400 and get off at Marina Barrage (Bus Stop number: 03369)